European Open 2021 is a mass event and opts to use the Covid Safe Ticket (CST). The CST is available to residents of the European Union, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
All visitors (from birth year 2009) must meet the conditions of the Covid Safe Ticket and must be in possession of:
- Either a recognised vaccination certificate, attesting to a complete vaccination, dated two weeks;
- Either a negative PCR test. Validity: day of the test plus a maximum of 48h;
- Either a certificate of recovery. Validity: 10 days from the date of the first positive PCR test up to a maximum of 180 days from the date of that first positive test;
- Either a registered negative rapid antigen test, administered by medically trained personnel. Validity: day of test plus 1 day.
This personal certificate must be presented digitally (via the CovidSafeBE app for Belgian residents or the European Digital Covid Certificate of your country) or on paper upon arrival at the European Open. Not being in possession of a valid certificate will irrevocably lead to denial of access.
For Belgian Residents:
The CST certificate can be requested digitally via the CovidSafeBE app (mobile app available for iOS and Android: make sure you have the most recent version of the app) and on websites such as MyHealthViewer. To request digital certificates, you need either your identity card, PIN code and card reader, or another activated digital key (for example itsme). With the most recent version of the CovidSafeBE app you can test yourself whether your certificates/tests are sufficient to gain access to the European Open.
IMPORTANT: download/install/print the certificate before leaving for the European Open! Make sure you are in possession of proof of identity on arrival to be able to check your certificate. The European Open does not offer the possibility to take a rapid antigen test on site.
- Children under the age of 12 must not be in possession of a CST, but must be able to prove their age (KIDS-ID)
Visitors in possession of a valid CST must:
- Not wear a mouth mask
- Not respect the social distance
For foreign nationals without a national registration number:
You have an EU Digital Covid Certificate from another Member State.
- In that case, all you need to do is have your certificate scanned at the entrance in your own country’s app or on paper. The certificate will be checked according to the current Belgian rules for attending events.
You don’t have an EU Digital Covid Certificate from another Member State and you need to get tested in Belgium to obtain a certificate.
- In that case, get tested at a doctor’s surgery, a testing centre or one of the pharmacies offering Rapid Antigen Tests (RAT).
- You must provide a phone number and you may be asked to provide an email address as well.
- A Covid-19 Test Prescription Code (CTPC) is then sent in a text message and possibly also by email.
- In case of a negative test, you can use this CTPC code and your phone number to download your EU Digital Covid Certificate in the CovidSafeBE app. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can download the certificate on mijngezondheid.be.